Thursday, January 15, 2009

Matt's visit to Duke

Here are some pictures from Matt’s trip out to N. Carolina. He had nothing but positive things to say about the school, program and faculty, but I do think he gained a far greater respect for cross-county travel, thanks to the three hour time change. Here are some pictures he brought back for us.

This is the chapel... pretty amazing huh?








I feel safe saying that this is probably one of Matt’s favorite parts of the trip. Krzyzewskiville is where students camp the weekend before basketball games... just to get tickets. What are the odds that Matt could get me to spend the night in a tent for basketball game tickets? Eh you’re right, not very likely. Fortunately he said that grad students only have to do this once a year (I’m still not sold.) :)
I think overall the trip answered a lot of questions and also gave us many more. Matt’s next interview is January 30 in Stockton, and I am excited to make the trip with him this time. One encouragement Matt brought back with him are a couple of verses we now have taped to our bathroom mirror.
Proverbs 16:9 “In his heart man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.”


Thank you for all your prayers, I know we both felt them! :)

3 comments:

Loren and Kathy said...

Love the pictures! And yes Matt....I do understand how difficult time zone's are on one's body!!!! How comforting it is when God gives us a scripture verse to cling to as he directs our paths! I'm praying for you daily as you take this journey together with the Lord leading you every step of the way!

Luv you tons!
Mom Warta

Brian and Angela said...

What a beautiful campus. Sometimes the most difficult decisions in life leave us with the most unanswered questions. I think that is God's way of making us lean on Him through the unknown. I love the verse. What an amazing promise!
You are in our prayers daily.
Love you both!
Angela

jen........ said...

wow...beautiful buildings!! i do like the tents though...yes, i am a camper at heart!!!! but, i do like pine trees with my tents!! anyway, i know all your decisions seem big & scary, but do trust your verse...i am totally confident that He will direct you on the path He wants you to take...you'll know, because He will give you complete peace about it. praying for you constantly. love you...mom too!!